Tuesday, August 13, 2013

The Spirit told their Hearts my Words were TRUE!

My dear loved ones, 
I am staying here in lovely Hopkinsville Kentucky, with the lovely Hermana Rich for at least one more transfer. Oh yeah! Squid cannon. 
So much has happened this week that I just feel so overwhelmed with love for my Savior. 
So listen up. 

We saw Larry again. Even though he was like "I don't wanna do this anymore" "I'm giving up" blah blah. We both felt really impressed to at least share with him The Restoration. We saw him and I know that if Hermana Rich wasn't there he would have just told me to go away. But thankfully she dragged him out of his apartment so we could sit and share this message. I have no idea what Larry needs. He couldn't stay on topic, we had a hard time going through the lessons and I just sat there and asked him question after question to try and understand where he was coming from. He thinks that everyone in the world is out to get him and he is some "fallen angel" from God to scare the people to repent and I just sat there so lost.

Once upon a time we met a man Ciro, we started to teach him the lessons and he would sit and listen, but never kept commitments. He really wanted us to meet his "woman" though. At the time she was in Puerto Rico taking care of her mom. One day he told us that Carmen (his "woman") is a member of our church! And we were like “No way!”
Lo and Behold, Wednesday night we were leaving our FHE and had a missed call from Ciro. What the cray cray? We called him and Carmen answers and says "Hermanas! When are you coming to see me??" We thought for sure it was a trap. We were going to be attacked.
She answered the door, embraced us and kissed us on the cheek and asked us where we were from and about our families. CARMEN WAS BAPTIZED AS A MEMBER OF THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER DAY SAINTS 30 YEARS AGO. She was really active for about 4 years and then moved and then just didn't go back?  We shared The Restoration and after I said the First Vision we just sat there and waited for the spirit to prompt her to say something. There was no dry eye there. The spirit was so strong. She just kept saying that this is the true church. What a testimony. Seriously. She is awesome.
Unfortunately Ciro looked bored out of his mind. Also they aren't married! Ha that's another trial. But we asked Ciro to be baptized and Carmen said yes for him so we'll take it. haha jk We are still praying for him. But Carmen. She's a miracle.

Jesus is praying for a date. He knows that Joseph Smith was a prophet and that we share a message of truth. But he doesn't believe that there needs to be a church, that the church is in your heart. He is another brick wall we come across. I sit there and try and try and try. And he talks over us all the time we never get to teach. And I try to listen. I try everything. But I honestly just have no idea where to go with him either. I was sharing my testimony and mid-sentence he cut me off! I mean I am used to being interrupted. haha happens all the time. But at that moment I held up my finger and told him to wait. I probably shouldn't have done that haha but still, it’s difficult to teach him.

There are so many investigators who I immediately love. And can't help but to love them. But then there are some who I honestly sit there and just not talk because I feel so lost. I get frustrated and then I know that I can't feel the spirit when I have that feeling. My district leader said that there was an elder once who was so amazing and was sent to the hardest of areas and built them up and then was moved again to other hard areas and still made success and the president asked him how he did it and the missionary says that he always pictures that person in all white. 
I know that these people are Gods children. Charity is the pure love of Christ. I know that Christ is our perfect example and I need to be more charitable to others; literally, WWJD for reals?

Letty is still progressing amazingly. Every time we come she gets out her study journal and writes down everything. She is truly amazing and she is so powerful. She is still on track to being baptized on Sunday and we are so excited for her and for this decision she has made! 

Maggie Radford is a less active and she came back to church on Sunday! She sat by me in Relief society and all she could say is how much she has missed being home.
I love how the Gospel really is a home. I love seeing these members remember the feelings they had before and want to strive to do better. I am so grateful to have that same home feeling in my life. I hope that when I raise my family in the gospel that it will be a home for them. 

We also helped The Carrolls clean their house this week and half of the time I played with Ashlynn (she's 4)(and drop dead gorgeous) and we were butterflies and I got my wings because I found a butterfly motorcycle and I didn't get any pixie dust but that's okay I'll get it when I'm older. 

I am so grateful to be here in Hopkinsville still! My journey here isn't over yet I suppose! I love y'all and hope you have a wonderful week! 
Love Hermana Healey 

No comments:

Post a Comment