Monday, August 19, 2013

The Week Where Nothing Happened

Oh yeah! 
Let's start this off by introducing the newest elder in our little old Hopkinsville Kentucky. Elder Steinekert and Elder Perry were the english elders here and serve right next to hermana and I. Elder Perry was transferred on Monday and we were able to talk to the new Elder Monday night! 
The conversation went as follows: 
"Elder! Where are you from?"
-"Hawaii! But I was born in West Valley Utah!"
*we look at each other like what the?*
"Awesome! That's where I'm from!"
--"What high school did you go to?"
"T-Ville what what! What about you?"
(I actually really don't remember where he went)
"Aweosme!! Wait...what's your name?"
--"Elder Thorup"
*I stop dead in my tracks*
"wait, Elder Thorup as in Colton and Katee Balmforths cousin, whose brother is serving in England and said brother is pretty much engaged to Caitlin Brown?"
(He's probably thinking I'm insane)
--"Exactly!"
"Welcome to Kentucky Elder. Glad to have you here."
It's a Small World after all. It's a small. small. world. 
This morning they put hair gel on the handles to our car. Good thing we have been suspicious of them the entire time so we inspected our car. Nice try elders. 

This week has been pretty non eventful to say the least. You probably all should just skim this e-mail and carry on with your lives. haha I'll try to put some humor to this nothingness...

Monday: FHE with the Acred family. She was born a member and he is not a member. (we dibs him even though he is english.) But Sister Acred is preparing to take out her endowments. And she is prego! Anyways he had a lot of questions about garments. So we talked about the temple a lot. That day we also played Clue, not once, but twice, and I won! Not once, but twice! Pretty sure I need to be a detective or a psychic or something. I'm just that good. 

Tuesday: We went out with one of our Ward missionaries Hermana Dorvil. She is originally from The Bahamas and is super cool. She pretty much just taught our investigators and Hermana and I watched Barney. Jk. But really we hardly said 2 words... And the investigators probably said 1 word. Yeah. She's a chatty cathy but we are really grateful for her. 

Wednesday: We had dinner with Bro. Carroll. Sister carroll had to work so Brother carroll told us that he was going to sit outside on the porch while we sat inside and ate and then we would have a lesson outside. WHAT THE?! He's the nicest man ever. We set it up so we sat on this couch by the front door and he sat outside and we talked through the screen door. Pretty cray cray but it was really sweet of him to serve us. 
JAZMIN AND JESUS CAME TO OUR FHE. that's right. Both of them. Jazmin started school so she called us and said she had so much homework already. I was like NO! SHE HAS TO COME. So I told her to come for a half hour and to bring it and I'd do it for her while she learned about the word of wisdom. She did just that. I love doing other peoples homework.

Thursday: literally nothing happened except we went to see The Browns because Brother Brown just got back from deployment. I love that family. 
Sometimes their daughter Harper is sitting there and I'm feeding her and she starts leaning back and almost hits her head and I catch her like how Edward caught Bella when she had the vamp baby. That's right. Quick. 

Friday: We went and saw our sweet Sister Carlisle. We could spend everyday with her I swear. She told us more about her books and all of her trips and we just sat there like we were watching a documentary of her life.

Saturday: The good stuff. We went to see Maggie (returning member) her two daughters live by her and she told us to go visit because one of them just had a baby. They both live there with their fiances and have no furniture at all. They have very little and it's really sad. Gabbie was baptized awhile ago but Jackie never was! Jackie accepted a Book of Mormon and said we could come teach her! And her fiance! They'll have to get this marriage thing going on quick if you know what I'm sayin. ;)
We also saw Jesus tonight. He is just, Jesus. I guess. Hah I don't know. We taught the Plan of Salvation and it was hard to get through. He is a very faithful man and I know that he will be baptized. I just have to be patient and let Heavenly Father do the rest! 

Well this week should be more exciting hopefully! I love you all and I hope that you all are having a wonderful week! 

Love Hermana Healey

P.s. I lead the music in sacrament yesterday because Sister Poulter isn't feeling well and afterward Sister Fears told me that I reminded her of Snow White. That's right. She's the best. I almost cried. 
Thanks mom and aunt lisa! 


No comments:

Post a Comment