Friday, September 19, 2014
Longest. Week. Ever
Well... this week was really long.
Last Monday we had a REALLY great Noche de hogar with la familia Ibañez. They are literally my family here. Their son Lisandro is like the little 17 year old brother I never wanted. But I love him still. And they have a daughter named Juli who is 6 and she is to die for. They havent been going to church for a few months and they just say its because they are so lazy. They just dont feel like going. And Im here like... uh well thats too dang bad!.. So we talk about Time. We decided the Endure to the End message is a message that has just been used too much with them so we talked about Time. LIke our Time on Earth. We used the talk that was in the Liahona about the Four minutes or something like that. And we talked about how little of a moment this life is. and depending on what happens here, is what happens after. And there is A LOT after. It was really good. We were able to talk about how important it is to go to the temple and how important a mission has been to the both of us. We were both given the opportunity to share our testimonies about our missions and that was just a mess. Yeah. bawled. But all in all it went really well.
So on Sunday Bishop announced at church that saturday is a service project and its big and we all have to be at the church at 7 in the morning. Bring your machetes and all that jazz. So we looked at eachother and we are like, SCORE. So Saturday rolls around... very... slowly... We wake up at 5 30 so we could get up and get to the church on time and NO ONE IS THERE. but.... VICTOR!! Our convert! He is so sweet. we got there and waited, and waited, and waited until 8 30. And no one showed up. We called the Bishop and he told us to go over to his house. Went over there, no one was there either. So we all went and hung out with Bishops family and we played Signs. So fun. Then its like 10 and the members start showing up... Awesome. And we cleaned out this soccer field in front of Bishops house. I used a machete for like 3 seconds and then the elders took it out of my hands. Whatever. I showed them up in that 3 seconds for sure. Machete skills.
That night we went to another baptism with Karen! She is really excited and went to church on Sunday! So we are all getting really excited for her baptism. She is the best.
Sunday we went to visit the family Molinas. Hermana Molinas hasnt been to church since I have been here. But she is one of the strongest people I know. She has all of these trials in her life and such a great testimony. But instead of clinging to the church during these hard times, shes falling away. Its so sad to see. We sat and talked to her and she just told us she feels so empty. She feels nothing. The greatness and spiritual feelings she used to feel arent there anymore. And its like no one cares. She hasnt had anyone visit her, or message her or anything these months and shes hurt. She said that we are the only ones who visit her and that isnt the way it should be. I just sat there and looked at her and told her she was right. I didnt have anything else to say. And its just so true. Pte Hinckley said that there is no point of missionary work if we cant hold on to those fruits. It just helped me gain so much of a testimony of home teaching and visiting teaching. These are our brothers and sisters here who struggle like we do. They need our help. I have the biggest goal to be such a good visiting teacher. Goal for life.. Holler.
Well That has been our week and we are soooo tired.. I love you all and I will talk to you next week!
Love Hermana Healey
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment