Tuesday, September 2, 2014

"¿Porque las caras largas?"‏

Yeah that is what the shrunken head in Spanish says on the night bus for "Hey guys, why the long faces?" I saw that part the other day and died laughing; then had to get up the courage to ask them to turn it off, even though I love that movie so much. I’m still here in Formosa!!! It’s super great that I’m going to "die" here. I love it so much. It’s cool because Hermana Allred was "born" here and now I’m "dying" here. Like "mother" like "daughter". They transferred Hermana Lopez into the city city. Resistencia. It’s sad but really good because she is out where there are a lot more doctors and more city then campo. She was really sad to leave but I know she will be great where she is. My new companion is HERMANA ATKINSON!!!! She is from Lehi Utah and is a boss! She is so great and we are having so much fun already! So on Wednesday we had to go and drop off Hermana Lopez, Hermana Bonilla and Hermana Lloyd off at the terminal and wait for our companions who were coming 5 hours later all together. SO! Hermana Howard, Hermana Pipe and I strolled around downtown and well actually we did errands for the elders because they all wanted food, But it felt super weird because I just felt like I was walking around with friends at home. It felt so normal but weird all at the same time. We had tons of fun. I was taking her around and showing her all of the area and meeting everyone and we only found Ale. So we sat down and talked about the Book of Mormon again. He kept getting distracted, like always but then we asked him what means "otro testamento de jesucristo" and he was like, well it means that it’s a book filled with testimonies of Christ. MIND BLOWN. It was the cutest answer ever but really! That is what it is! What does the book of Mormon do? It testifies of Christ. It is filled with prophets testifying of Christ. I love that he said that. We went and Hermana Melton (Pipes companion) just said “the gospel makes us more pretty” just so you all know, I’m dying in the cyber right now... anyways... Saw Raquel and Carolina! And they didn’t have power because they couldn’t pay the bill in time, and we taught them, outside in the dark. But it was so awesome because it was the first time we actually have taught Carolina and everything that we said made sense to her. She just looked at us like "where have you been all my life" and we looked at her like, "COME TO CHURCH" But she had so many questions about baptism so we explained to her why babies don’t need baptism. She loved it. She loves that we actually believe that babies are pure and perfect. Because duh. They are. But it was really spiritual, even though I was using the flashlight on our cell phone to read from the scriptures. Then on SUNDAY there was a fetching STORM! All of our investigators fell through. We got to the church soaking wet because it was a huge storm. NO ONE WOULD LEAVE THEIR HOUSE. Literally there was like 60 people at church. And Victor was one of them! He is doing so good and he loves church so much. He participates and everything! I love him. Well I’m super super happy to be here with Hermana Atkinson! We are so happy to be able to work and find new people!! I’m super happy! Everything is good! Hope you all have a great week! Love Hermana Healey

No comments:

Post a Comment