Thursday, September 26, 2013

Dead or Alive?

We play this game called Dead or Alive when we pass dogs lying down in the middle of nowhere every day. And most of them are alive. we hope.. 

This week was a week of STRESS! Listen here and ask me if this is usual.. 
Monday: Hermanas Conference. In Resistencia all day! It was a long day. We woke up for our bus at around 3 and then we didn´t get home until 9 at night. But it´s okay because I got a rose and a salad.

Tuesday: District meeting in Goya, left for the bus at about noon. Had district meeting and then MISSED OUR BUS. Yay! The bus for BV was at 4 and someone said there would be another one at 4 30 but no. The next bus for BV was at 6 30. That´s right! Spent the day in Goya with the Hermanas there. We got home at 9. 

Wednesday: Going so well! We are out finding people and working hard. At 4 we get a phone call from the mission office telling us that we had to find a new place to live for missionaries by tomorrow morning. And find all of the stuff for a place to live, fridge, stove, shelves, plates, the whole shibang. Because Pte. doesn´t like that there are 4 people to one pension. I don´t understand why not either so don´t ask me. So we have no idea how to do that! We called some of the members and Pte Gimenez knew of one. So we went with him to this whole in the wall place where this lady is doing a radio station talk show thing. We go in there not knowing what is about to happen and she literally sits us down and puts us on the radio. THATS RIGHT. I WAS ON THE RADIO. It´s also online and she gave us the address so I´ll find that for you mom. But we literally had no idea what was happening and I wanted to die. Turns out this lady owns a place. We looked at it and it was literally smaller than a box. So no. We went home empty.

Thursday: We needed a house by 1. So we woke up and literally just found apartments and knocked on random doors to find out if they know anything. We were so lost and had no idea what to do. We then went and found out prices for fridges and all that jazz. We found one finally! Ask me how because I have no idea. It was in the price range and it is perfect. We called and bought it right on the spot. That´s right. We bought and furnished a house in less than 24 hours. 

And then everything else really I have no idea. But it was really hard because we literally had 4 days where we didnt have time to work in our areas. It was really hard to have to move appointments around and try to get back into the swing of things. And I mean I´m famous now because I was on the radio so feel my pain. 
Anyways this week was really hard but I am hoping that everything will be back to normal this week! 

Friday I went on exchanges with Hermana Hernandez. We met the cutest little old man. His wife had passed away 3 years ago and the day before, someone had broken into his house and stole almost everything he had. He was devestated. We were able to share with him the plan of salvation. He started to cry when we said that we knew that he would be able to be with her again. I love teaching the plan of salvation because everytime I do my testimony of it grows. I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for every single one of us. And that we will be together forever. I´m so grateful for that knowledge. 

We had a missionary activity! And the kids came out with us to invite people to church to be like missionaries! People loved it. We need our own portable children to help us teach. it really helps. 

Love you all, 
Love Hermana Healey 

No comments:

Post a Comment