Wednesday, October 2, 2013

How does it feel knowing that a representative of Jesus Christ is e-mailing you right now‏

This week was one of the longest weeks of my life.

Transfer news! Still in Bella Vista; still with Hermana Allred; I´m really so grateful for that. I know that we are still starting out and trying to build it up here so I´m glad that we are here together. 
Hermana Hernandez and Hermana Johansen left the nest. So Hermana Allred and I have the pension all to ourselves! It is so weird only the two of us there. But we are making it homier :)

We went to get a girl F*** for church on Sunday. She´s so cute and so great and the last time we were with her she was telling us all this crazy stuff. She went off about how she doesn´t smoke or drink or party (cha-ching!) but then she was rambling for like thirty minutes and ended her spat with ¨well it´s okay because God is only a spirit¨ okay. Let´s start from the very beginning (a very nice place to start!) So we went to get her for church on Sunday and her family was outside and F*** never came home that night! They were in a panic. We didn´t know what to do. We went back later and found out she had been with a friend. So don´t worry she´s safe. But still, she might not be able to talk to us for awhile because she is probably grounded for life
                                                                                     
Friday we had lunch with a family here who tells everyone they’re fat so… that was awesome.  Later we went out with a member and she took us to see her friends and they sat and talked about how terrible America is and in my head I kept singing “I´m proud to be an American” there is plenty I can say about here but I don’t. It is always quite the challenge for me.

We went to visit a lady on the less active list named E***  S***. She is really the sweetest thing. And she has beautiful teeth. Her daughter died a couple years ago and she started to raise her granddaughter. She now has serious depression and can´t leave her house. But she loves getting visits. She said that morning she was praying to get a visit from the missionaries because it had been about 5 years since her last visit. She feels so alone and it´s really a good topic for a missionary to study because hello! But we were able to share some scriptures in D&C from when Joseph was in the jail. She is the most loving person here. 

We had a conference for the missionaries who are new to the mission yesterday. It was really good to be able to see Hermana Elton and Hermana Phillips and all those great missionaries. I went with Hermana Lund! She just got here and she is so sweet. Hermana Hernandez left for Resistencia and we got this cute girl from SLC. Love it. I learned so much at this conference though. There is a lot that I know I need to do better as a missionary, I was really grateful to hear this conference! 

I love that General Conference is coming up! I can´t wait to see beautiful Salt Lake! I know that we can all receive answers in conference this week if we look for them! 

I love you all and I know one day I´ll have cooler e-mails. But until that time thanks for the love :)


Love Hermana Healey 

No comments:

Post a Comment