This week was pretty difficult to say the least. But there were a lot of firsts that is for sure!
Starting out with Monday, We had a day of miracles. It´s true. Hermana Allred and Johansen had a conference in Resistencia, so I stayed with Hermana Lund. We both knew that Heavenly Father knew we needed a day of happiness, and that is what he gave us. We had 4 lessons right in a row! All just clapping. Nothing else! We felt like we needed to clap at 4 doors and they all let us in for lessons. THAT NEVER HAPPENS HERE. They were all very nice but the nicest was Diana. We shared the Restoration with her and she loved it. She is dying to be baptized. Only problem is she lives in Resistencia. Awesome. There you go Hermanas in Resistencia, here is an angel. But we were grateful for that night of milagros.
Tuesday we had our meeting in Goya. For some reason the meetings after consejo always go for like 4 or 5 hours I swear. And they are supposed to be only like 2. But whatever. So we missed the bus again. But we were also doing divisiones with the hermanas there. So I left my sweet Hermana Allred there and Hermana Johansen came home with Hermana Froerer. Which means another lovely day with Hermana Lund! The bus rides home are always the best for story time. I just sit there and laugh the whole way home all the time. I would rather be working in BV, but laughing is always good too.
Wednesday. Happy birthday my sweet Ridster! Your card is late but I love you bud! We had lunch with a woman in our ward who is almost in her 70´s. She fences, and sings opera. Enough said. She told us SHE IS GETTING MARRIED. In like a week. No big deal. We are all so happy for her because she has been praying and fasting so that she could meet someone but it didn´t happen until now. But it´s happening! She is happy and I just know that this marriage is going to make some changes here in BV. I know it. But I´ll tell you more when I know for sure. But it gives me hope that love does find a way. Even if you fence and sing opera. Not judging, she´s wicked awesome.
Anyways we go out to work and literally I felt like I was going to die. I would look at a tree and see 3 of them. And I felt like I was having contractions or whatever those baby pains are. Haven´t had them yet but I was positive those were them! Anyways this day sucked. The only thing that kept me moving was Hermana Lund quoting Gilmore Girls for me the entire day.
Thursday. That´s right, Hermana Healey is sicker than a dog. I was given the liquid only diet for 12 hours and then the BRAT diet. And yeah. I thought I was going to die. To make it worse, it was my SIXTH MONTH MARK! And I was miserable.
Friday. Entrevistas with President and Hermana Heyman! I was still wanting to die but it was good to be able to talk to them and learn. I asked President probably 8 questions. And the questions I have that will torture me until I die were answered like this "Well Hermana Healey I want you to study in D&C and then let me know." But Pte. is so wise. He answered my questions and helped me so much. I am so grateful for them I love them so much.
Saturday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY KYLEE!!!! You are so great. Your card is super late. Today we went out and it was better. I felt really weak but I was able to eat a burger. That´s right. My first real Argentine Burger. With an egg on it. Not sure why but it was delicious. We also saw the Argentine Joseph Gordon Levitt. Robin.
We are also doing a t shirt for our zone here in Goya. And they want us to make up nicknames. Which we all know I rock at. Here are some of my favs...
Johansen= Johandsdrawpictures.... she´s an artist so it´s perfect.
Muentes= Miniminutemuentes.... she´s like 5 feet tall.
Froerer= it is pronounced as such (froher) so I said froereroverthebridge... It is of course a joke but I couldn´t pass it up.
Ulloa= pronounced (ooshowa) so I said ulloagoodtime.
I know I am a genius.
Sunday we had like stake conference in Goya. But it´s District conference here. Pte. and Hermana Heyman were there and both gave beautiful talks. There was a family of at least 9 kids there and they got up and sang a song and I named them the Vantrap family.
And now here is the moment you have all been waiting for..
So we went and saw Luciano. He is the kid who speaks perfect english and loves that we are from the US. Anyways, we went back and he had so many questions about where in the Book of Mormon does it talk about Christs birth, or his crucifiction, and stuff like that. So we are telling him and it´s really funny because he´ll ask us stuff in english and we teach him in Spanish. But when Hermana Allred talks to him in English she literally yells at him and talks really slow like he is dumb. She doesn´t mean to at all! She literally talks 30 words a minute so it´s hard for her. It´s hilarious. But here is our convo with him...
Luciano: I have a question about your foooot.
Us: Huh?
Luciano: Fooot?
H.Allred: OUR FEET?
Luciano: stuff...you...eat...
Me: Oh! FooD!
Luciano: Yes, can you...eat...whatever...you..want?
Us: Yeah!
L: pig?
Us: yes.
L: blood?
H. Allred: WELL PERSONALLY I DON¨T EAT BLOOD.
I laughed so hard. It was probably really innapropriate. But I lost it. It was probably the highlight of my week. He has the best questions ever.
Anyways I love you all. I am really grateful to serve here in BV. And one day things will make sense here :)
All my love,
Hermana Healeywhodoesn´teatblood.
Hermana Healeywhodoesn´teatblood.
No comments:
Post a Comment