Thursday, October 24, 2013

Dear Diary: Today Pte Heyman called the whole ward to repentance...

You bet. Just another day out here doing the work. First of all. Someone tell Lor and Justin I said Happy late anniversary! Their letter is in the mail. Or in their hands I´m not sure. Secondly, Guess who will plan on getting a job in real estate when she gets home? This girl. WE FOUND ANOTHER PENSION AND ALL THE FURNITURE FOR IT IN 24 HOURS AGAIN. We got a call Monday night and the office asked us if everything was set up for the elders yet. Our reply? "say whaaaa???" That´s right. So off we went bright and early to go out and knock doors and say "Hi! do you know of any places that are for rent?" worst thing ever. People are surprisingly really nice when you are talking them about a place to live instead of their salvation. Go figure. Anyways after a few people we found a BEAUTIFUL place. And it was perfect because we heard President Heyman would be coming Saturday so we sealed the deal. Friday we went on divisiones! I went with Hna Johansen again. I really am grateful for her. She loves this work so much and it´s admirable. We walked up to a couple families outside sippin their mate and shared with them The Restoration. They were all so surprised we were so far from home without our moms. Trust me lady if I could I would have my mom with me. Thanks. But then they wanted to see our moms and I whipped out my little photo album and it has pictures of me with my friends in it and they looked at THE WHOLE THING: Ask me how I explained Six Flags because I have no idea. Hermana Fala and Hermano Francisco got married today :) We all got together for some delicious cake and I kept saying his name like Elf. It was grand. Saturday our dear Elders came. Elder Leon and Elder Fiabonie. They are really great! It´s real nice to be able to have them here so we can have more priesthood in the rama. Pte. Heyman came today and we had a few meetings with him. And then we went with him all over Bella Vista to sign contracts and stuff. That´s right. I rode in an actual car that day that smelled like "New Car Smell" It was weird. We got stuck waiting with him at an appointment and he whipped out his Ipad and showed us all of the pictures from when his wife had her accident. The way he talks about her is seriously true love. It´s beautiful. He´s really great. That was pretty much my day. Driving with President. SUNDAY. Are you ready? So Gisela and Sergio have been a wonderful family. They are the ones who watched all of conference by themselves. So awesome. THEY CAME TO CHURCH TODAY! They left after sacrament because it was Mother’s day here.(Happy Mother’s day mom from Argentina) But they came! When Pte Heyman was in our ward! What luck. It was a blessing. Here is the bombshell. So we have a lot of problems with a lot of the ward not respecting Pte. in the rama. Turns out there are a lot of people here who just are not that cool. whatevs. But Pte got called to be the stake president and FRANCISCO IS OUR NEW PRESIDENT! Francisco married Fala on Friday. They have been "dating" for a while now but he lived in Corrientes Capital. Now he is here, married, and Branch president in a matter of 3 days. What a life. He is the sweetest little man. A lot of people had a problem with that too. So then.. (Here comes the big guns). Pte. Heyman got up to speak to us and spoke about pretty much how everyone needs to grow up and respect their leaders because if not, they are not respecting the prophet himself. He laid it out. It was very stern and strict, but with love. ha-ha It was really great. Just not really what we wanted to be the inspired topic for the first week Gisela and Sergio came. But we´ll take it. I was playing the piano after sacrament and Pte. Heyman came up behind me and said "Dear diary, today Pte Heyman called the whole branch to repentance. The end" He said that if Hermana Heyman called looking for him in a few hours, tell her that some people just didn´t like what he had to say. It was seriously so funny but I´m glad he did it. It really is so true though. If we aren´t respecting the leaders of our church we are not respecting the revelation from the Lord. The gospel is very black and white. Then good old Relief Society. Somehow this lady literally went off about how going on missions isn´t a sacrifice like how it was in the pioneer times. And how sister missionaries don´t do as much work as elders do because they are scared of the dark. Thankfully we had Viki Duarte there who pretty much said, "That was the stupidest thing you have ever said, you try serving a mission" (she served a mission as well) But it was literally a huge attack on the sister missionaries and I just sat there wanting to die. But luckily afterward I was able to do some studies and I got some spiritual up-lifted from that. ha-ha I´m hoping that with this week that there will be changes in our ward. We really need their help and I know that the changes will be good. I am so grateful for the leaders we have in our church and I know that they are all called of God. Last night was a huge storm and our power went out and I woke up melting because it was over 90 degrees in our room! Yay! Also the sky was on fire because of all the lightning. I thought we were going to die. No worry. Power came on a few hours ago. I also killed a huge cockroach again with a weight. Watch out bugs. I love you all. The Church is TRUE. Love Hermana Healey

No comments:

Post a Comment