Friday, December 6, 2013
Gobble Gobble
Happy Turkey Week! (Sorry I am late with this one - my bad!)
I don´t even think turkey exists here, and if I so, I don´t know if I would want it. But that just means you all better have a wonderful Thanksgiving Feast.
Let me take you back to last Tuesday.
So last Monday it was hotter than heck. I swear. I died. I´m dead right now. But that night, it rained so hard. The other Hermanas slept over in our pension because we all had to catch our bus at 3 in the morning. So we were sleeping and I just kept feeling something fall on my head and I, being freaked out because of Argentina, was so sure it was falling cockroaches. I kept touching my head and feeling nothing. But it was enough to wake me up at 12:50. Awesome. And the storm was going insane! Our house was being lit up by the lightning outside and the thunder was so loud. It felt like I was in a carwash it was so loud. So I try to go back to sleep and it happens again! This time more than once! I look up... IT WAS RAINING ON MY HEAD. Yep. WE have a leak. Right above my bed. I freaked out and woke up Hermana Allred and then we couldn´t fall back asleep.
We got on our bus and all of the missionaries from Goya and Bella Vista were put together so that was nice. But it was 3 a.m. so we were all sleeping. Then all of a sudden I wake up and Hermana Lund is sleeping in front of us with her umbrella covering her head because there was a leak on the bus as well. haha
So we all got rained on this week. Thought I would share that with you all because I was so mad.
We had the opportunity to do service this week! We were pulling weeds and raking and cleaning up around the capilla. The church grounds are so big because they might expand the building if we keep getting more to come. So we were cleaning that out and I got to wear jeans.
I know.
Weird for me too.
We were with the other hermanas, the elders, and the Pte of the district Pte Gimenez. AND HE KEPT FINDING COCKROACHES AND THROWING THEM AT ME!
I´m not lying he is a child.
A six year old boy.
I screamed and ran and wanted to die. I had one on my back. ON MY BACK.
But it was really great to be able to do service here. We haven´t been able to do service here because no one ever lets us do it. haha But it was so nice to be able to clean up the grounds for the Lords church!
Vanessa didn´t come to church on Sunday. It was really disappointing. We were really counting on her and we thought she really meant it this time. But she didn´t. It´s hard when they don´t come.
BUT!
Adriana came! All on her own! We called her that morning and she said she would try and she did! She really is progressing and we think she is genuine in her desire to be baptized. The only problem is she is not married and she is living with her boyfriend right now. She really wants to get married but we don´t know if he does. We went over chastity to her and like 20 of her family members, which was the most intimidating moment of my life, but they all took it well! It made sense to all of them! She said she wants to talk to him about getting hitched sometime soon. We hope it happens sooner than later! But she loved church! She is so awesome.
Speaking of the Sabbath,
So I gave a talk in sacrament on Sunday about the importance of Every Member a Missionary. I tried my best. haha I told them the story about how before we were members we went to look at the temple lights and that same night was when Steve was talking about our family in stake conference, then the next day Steve, the bishopric, and the missionaries came to our house! I talked about how the ward was always so willing to help our family and it helped a lot with our conversion.
Now imagine this with me if you will.
I am talking and I reach for my scriptures, and I look down. A HUGE SPIDER IS ON MY BOOK OF MORMON. I can´t freak out! Everyone is looking at me! So my mouth drops and my eyes widen and I am screaming inside. The spider then JUMPS on my talk, and I don´t even remember if I was still talking or if I was laughing. I think I was being inappropriate and laughing, and I kept trying to get Elder Fiabanes attention to kill it for me. He finally got why I was panicked and killed it.
But then I finished my talk with poise.
Afterward everyone laughed. Oh well. I guess that´s what I get for being terrified of the creepy crawlies.
Pamela didn´t come to church with us on Sunday. It´s hard because she is the only one in her huge family who ever wants to go! So I´m sure she gets sad and then doesn´t go because her family isn´t there. But I hope that she can go next week and keeps going after her baptism! It´s still planned for the 7th! So everyone pray that this happens.
I didn´t get to write yesterday because it was a holiday here in Argentina. And they pretty much closed the entire city down! It´s like this, Hey Salt Lake City! It´s Martin Luther King Jr Day so we´re closing everything. Have a good time in your homes bored out of your mind!
For any reason, any holiday, they close everything in the world.
But whatever!
I´m definitely missing home around this time of the year! Hermana Lunds mom sent her spice cookie mix so we made some pumpkin spice cookies yesterday! They tasted just like home! There is so much I am thankful for and I hope that you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Love always,
Hermana Healey
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment