Saturday, January 25, 2014

Hola From the Hottest Place on Earth

Literally. I think the hot makes little Courteney, a little more grumpy. And my computer sucks so high 5! This week! We went to see Stella on Tuesday. Remember her? Happy go lucky less active who is coming back? Yeah, we sat down and she said "Okay, how can I say this?" We looked at each other like "awesome." What happened with her is that a member of her family is in our ward, and she a long time ago had a kiosco on the same street as Stella´s dad. And this member did everything in her power to put Stella´s dad out of business. Stella stuck up for her dad and somehow she had something.. a poison or something in her. She doesn´t remember ANYTHING from these months in her life. And when she looks for answers her family says that this member did it, and they don´t want to tell her because it was the hardest time of their lives. I guess Stella was literally in her bed not being able to be touched because she was in so much pain. She had to have these injections in her arms, and feet to draw out the poison.. or whatever. (I really don´t know if it was poison) But it was something like that. But now her husband and kids don´t want her to ever be near this member again...awesome. We are trying to get her to see that we go to church for Heavenly Father, because only then will she reap blessings for doing the right thing. We had lunch with her and her family though on Thursday... and they were watching Glee. I love Glee. Friday I went on divisions with Hermana Allred!!!! Back to my old area, back in my old bed, with my old investigators. Yeah, it was rough. But we went back to see Vanesa, Lichi, and Lucy.. THEY ARE GETTING BAPTIZED THIS SATURDAY!!!! Really! They are so perfect. They have grown so much since last transfer. They are so ready. I´m so happy! It was so hard but I am super glad I am still here and will be able to see it happen! That morning it felt the same. I felt like I had never left. Of course I´m doing dishes and I hear Hermana Allred screaming and freaking out. I instantly knew what to do. A spider had fallen from the ceiling, landed in her hair, and then her skirt. I killed it though no worries. Then later we were walking and there was this HUGE wire sticking out of the road and cut her foot. We played doctor and cleaned her up so she didn´t get some crazy infection. Then I had to clean a part of her hair…because something gross was in it. haha Felt like the good old days. That night we watched 17 Milagros for Noche de Rama. After running around looking for a DVD player that would work for an hour, we didn´t get to finish it. But I bawl my eyes out every time I watch that movie. Love it. Elisa, have I talked about her before? Well no big deal. Well she is kind of crazy. Like she wants us to walk with her to the cemetery so that she can talk to the dead people because she knows that they won’t talk back... Weird huh? I was like "No thanks! We´re not into the dead. We like living" cray cray. This morning Hermana Allred and Hermana Johansen are in Resistencia, they called this morning to tell us some bad news about our mail situation. The bad news is that there are still so many boxes left over from Christmas that it has pushed back our mail so bad. We probably won´t be getting much for a while. So it´s all there, just Argentina is kind of with their mail. But we were talking and then she started screaming and I was like "WHAT HAPPENED" and then I hear "Hermana Healey????" IT WAS MY LUNDY LUND! I freaked and cried… and then she had to go and said "WAIT!" and then I hear "Hola?" It was Elder Leon!!! I lost it again and just bawled more. We talked for like a second (which is against the rules) but I was so happy to hear them. It hurt too though; it was like hearing your families’ voices for like 5 seconds. Well this week has been hot hot hot. And we are going to expect more hot to come. haha Doesn´t cool down here until March. So, kill me now. Norma came to church again this week and loved it! We just have to get her freaking married... That sucks. We are seeing her tonight so wish us luck! I love you all and thank you for all of your love and support. I know I couldn´t do this without you! Love Court Oh yeah! Been on my mission for 9 months! Whoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment