Monday, January 13, 2014
My Birthday Week!
I´m 21!!!!!! You better believe it was a great week!
On Thursday night I was upstairs talking to the elders about our day (We talk to them every night, it kinda is a bother) And Hermana Petersen was downstairs for like EVER. I had no idea what was going on. But I started to go down the stairs to brush my teeth and she FREAKED and turned off the lights. I sat down on the stairs and looked down and she had decorated the downstairs for my birthday with sticky notes!! It was so sweet! I loved it.
That night we had a Noche de Rama with the ward and a few people were there! One being Stella!!! (I´ll get to her later..) But she bought me a shirt! so sweet. Hermana Sayas made me a cake and we played games! There was of course a scripture for an inspirational thought. haha but we mostly had fun.
Then on Saturday...(Really the worst day ever..) Ended quite beautifully! We went over to the Duarte family and they had made a birthday dinner and birthday cakes for me and Lucas! Lucas is Olga´s son, and his birthday was the 11! It was really fun. The cake literally had a firework on it and it scared me to death. All in all, I had a wonderful birthday! And everyone gave me earrings. haha I am very grateful.
Stella.
We had a note from one of the Elders for her and her family from like... forever ago. So we decided to try and find her and deliver it. We found her address and met this lady who had to be like 97 years old. I asked and she said her name is Stella Arrua. Perfect.. Why the elders wrote a 97 lady I have no idea! But I don´t judge. So I gave it to her and I guess it said another name inside and it was for her granddaughter! So we found the real Stella and she was pretty nice but short with us. On the record it says that her husband doesn´t want her to be mormon anymore.. Awesome. So we tried passing by when he wasn´t home AND HE WAS THERE! We were terrified and Stella looked at us and then at him and then back at us like CAUTION. But hello! He ended up loving us! We talked and he even let us share a scripture with him! He said he wants us to come back another night when he isn´t working. They told us that he was so close to getting baptized and then the elder who he liked left so he said no.. Haha That sucks. But we are determined on baptizing their whole family because of the gospel.. and we are just like a bonus for the package. haha But then SHE CAME TO NOCHE DE RAMA!! It was so great! She walked home with us that night (because we were carrying cakes) And she told us that she told him that she was coming back to church, and he is totally okay with it! What do ya know? Miracles do happen. I love Stella.
Norma.
We met Norma really by just chance. She at first didnt seem really interested but we still asked her if she would get baptized and she said that she wants to learn more but if she knows for sure than she would. Great! We passed by for a second to see her on Saturday before Sunday so we could get her excited about church and made set plans with her. She at first gave us the wrong number.. haha Nice try Norma. I always check before I leave! And then I really thought that was that. We passed by for her on Sunday and SHE CAME! She was up, she was ready. Granted her dog followed her the whole way and went inside the chapel... I didn´t know what to do... But oh well She came and loved it. She is really nice and sweet.
We had interviews with Presidente yesterday! It was really nice. I always love interviews. He shared with us a message about the Book of Mormon and asked to hear our testimonies of the book of Mormon. At the beginning of the meeting!!! Great way to start off bawling. I of course had a wonderful meeting with him, and we spent a few minutes looking at a few pictures of his family from Instagram, then I left still crying. Ha The assistants were there because Hermana Heyman couldnt make it and gave us a training while we did interviews and they all thought it was weird the hermanas always cry. Whatever they don´t understand. I always feel so much better after talking to President.
He told us who our new Mission president will be.. The Heymans go back home in July and we will have a new president from South Jordan Utah!! What what! He speaks english but he was born in Buenos Aires. So him and his wife both know both languages! That is awesome! But really sad.
Who else can say during their mission they had 4 mission presidents?
This week was really good! Thank you for all of my messages and the love! I am sure that your letters and packages are here and still in the mailroom, Because Argentina is weird with their mail. But don´t stress! Thank you for all of the birthday love!
Love you!
Hermana Healey
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment