Tuesday, January 7, 2014
"I Don't Know about you - but I'm feeling 22 - not really 21!"
That's right, TSwifts song will work for me next year!
This week was really great!!! Happy 2014!!!! How weird is that! I really can´t believe that it is 2014. To bring in the new year, Hermana Petersen and I worked all night, then we came home and then we planned, and then we did all of our laundry! But at midnight we took some 2014 pictures on our bunkbed and listened to God Bless America. My home, sweet home.
We have met a lot of people here in Bella Vista 2, and we meet more and more everyday. I know that a few of the times we meet people who are just very sweet and maybe just needed a visit or to see some smiley girls to brighten their day! Let´s just say we met a lot, a lot, a lot of old people this week. For some reason we have been drawn to them. They have all been so sweet and just in need of a friendly visit! I know that as being a missionary that it is also a part of our calling to help those who are in need and comfort those who stand in need of comfort. We met a really funny old guy who just needed someone to talk to, his nickname is Pipi. Yeah. Pipi. He was so nice. He talked ALOT. There was one time where he wanted us to live with him and his wife because we could be their grandchildren. That was nice of him. In the end he told us that he really needed this visit because he found out that his doctor said he could have cancer, and he had been worrying about it all day. But he felt better when we talked to him. He was so adorable. Pipi. Yeah. I laughed a little too.
Hermana Johansen and Hermana Lund told us to visit a kid named Exequiel, his mom was baptized 10 years ago and hasn´t been in 10 years. But she had said that her son wanted to learn. So we visited him and it went great! We really wanted to meet her but she said she didn´t want to meet us at first. The other day we stopped by and she came out to meet us. I can´t tell you how nervous I was. I literally thought she was going to beat me up. She is very very intense. But she let us share the first lesson with her and we talked about church alot. She suddenly had a change of mind and said she wants to come back now, but she is embarrassed because she has picked up some bad habits. But she really wants to learn everything all over again... Fine by us! So we start, and first thing we talk about is God is our Loving Heavenly Father, she holds up her finger and then says "So, tell me the name of God." Crap. I just thought in my head... You wouldn´t be a JW would you? Then she told us her family is JW. She wants us to explain that. I was shaking so bad. Not because of her question, but because she literally terrifies me. She said that she always has so many questions but no one ever comes back to answer them... Wonder why... But I´m determined to face my fear.. aka her. I will help her to come back to church and her son will be baptized.
They didn´t come to church but they invited us to have lunch with her on Saturday.
Let´s just say that I watched the food being prepped, and I´m surprised I´m alive right now.
We had Noche de Rama on friday!! And the lame elders decided that we were going to play a game. And I had to do it first. So I being the loving, willing to help missionary said "Sure Elders! Just don´t make me look stupid!"
The game was using your mouth only to find candies in FLOUR and take them out. I refused, and tried to run. But then Maxi (The little boy from the Vargas family said he would do it with me) So I did it. He kicked my trash. He was so fast. I´m so lame. But I´ll put a picture for all of your pleasure. It was so disgusting. It was like having pancake batter up your nose and in your teeth. But it was really funny to watch everyone do it.
We are trying to make our pension more homey. So you bet your bottom dollar I bought a shower curtain and some new desks for our studies. haha I refuse to live in this cave of loneliness. I´m making it nicer. Then watch I will leave in a few weeks. haha
Not funny.
We have interviews with President on Sunday! I´m wayy excited! I can´t believe it´s time for interviews again! And the Duarte family said we could have brownies and ice cream on Friday for no important reason really...
Just some things to look forward to.
We´re living through this heat some how! I hope everyone had a wonderful wonderful New Year!
And for the record... I made New Years Predictions that I sent to Spam and Kam and one of them was that Trista was next to get married.
Revelation.
Love you all!
Court
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment