Friday, February 14, 2014

Ten Months Old and Still Kickin'

This week not a lot happened. Well actually maybe a lot did but I don´t even remember half of it. We did divisions this week! I went to Ensanche with Hermana Drew from Alberta Canada!! She is such a sweetheart and such a wonderful missionary. I learned so much from her. I love hearing stories about the lives of the missionaries here. She is really great and I am so grateful for the opportunity I had to serve with her. She and her companion had been living WITHOUT WATER for 2 weeks!!! She said she called the zone leaders and they said if they still didn´t have water for two more weeks start looking for a new pension. I said “THATS DUMB look now.” They are some tough cookies. But luckily we saw them today and they said they have water!!! Tender mercy right there. We met one of their investigators named Dalia or something like that. And she has 3 sisters who are just plain mean. And so she was acting all mean because they were. So, we played a game. haha And then her and her sisters all liked us. I love how the gospel is so simple, and should be taught that way; it´s us crazies who make it difficult. Divisions are so much fun! I´m going to Las Breñas this Tuesday with Hermana Pipe! Saturday the elders had a baptism, it was great that the whole ward was so willing to help and work together. Really this ward GETS MISSIONARY WORK, I´m so happy and impressed. We had the meeting with all of the presidents in the ward... I don´t remember what it´s called really in spanish or english.. awesome... And Presidentes office has carpet! First carpet I have seen here in Argentina. It freaked me out at first but oh well. haha You better believe I sat down on the ground and enjoyed it for a few minutes. Because of the baptism and then the meeting after we didn´t work a lot. But as we were leaving the church to go to our pensions the first counselor asked us to speak in sacrament in the morning… Great. Sundays I swear take years off of my life. Hands down the most stressful of days. We went out to get all of our investigators this morning and 3 came! We first went to get Gisel and Adriana. Gisel is 11 and Adriana is 8 and they are so great. Adriana wants to be baptized but doesn’t like church. And Gisel is scared to be baptized but loves church. We can´t win. haha but they are great. We are just worried about getting permission from their mom. Amalia is also another one of our investigators. She has 4 kids and is living with her boyfriend right now. And ALL of her kids have lice. like way bad. And they are out of control!!!! She said she would come this week and she has said that for WEEKS and never comes. But we called to see and sure enough! She and her kids all came to church. One of her daughters was going insane and she is like 7 and running around and put on my sombrero. Looks like I´ll be burning that thing. When we got to the chapel the music lady came up and asked me if I could play two of the hymns because her daughter wants to play one and then use the already recorded organ for one... Sure? It was really weird. Just let me play all of them. Let me!! It´s weird. But I did it. Had I ever heard these hymns before you may ask? Nope. Never. Then I gave my talk... WHICH SUCKED... Really. Dad, you have the best talks always.. Teach me your ways. Then Hermana Alvarado and I had to split up because someone had to stay with the kids in primary and someone had to stay with Amalia. I practically jumped into Amalia´s arms. No way was I going to Primary with CHILDREN. Needless to say, I’m waiting for the day when I´m called as Primary President or something. But other than that church was pretty great! Sunday night we met a really great lady named Maria and her son Cero. They are all really really great and she had a lot of questions about our baptism and everything. Hermana Alvarado and I have totally different teaching methods and it’s hard for us right now to teach together. Most of the time she is sitting there looking off in the distance or gets distracted by a bug. So I did most of it, which I honestly don´t mind. I just hope we can work more on being together. Sunday we were walking home and this moto zoomed by us so fast! All I could think of was "Looks like they are running from the cops or something" Then we were walking and found some of our investigators and talked to them for a little bit. They told us that someone had robbed a girl around the corner just five minutes ago and that we should be really careful. Okay time to go back to the pension and get into bed is all I could think. We were walking to see one investigator named Norma. She was outside and said that there were two guys who robbed the young girl next door... that young girl is a member, Rud! The one who plays one song and then presses the buttons on the organ when she doesn´t know them! We were talking to Norma and the police showed up and then we went to see Rud. Rud´s brother (first counselor in the ward) had left to go and get the mom (music lady) and he wanted us to stay with his wife and Rud. So we were all sitting outside and they returned. Hermano Rodriguez said (Behind the back of the mom) Don´t say anything! I didn´t know how to tell her! So we all sat there awkwardly. But yeah. The good thing is that Rud is okay! She is a tough girl. The guys stole her laptop. We´re all really happy she is okay. The cables were plugged into the wall and she was just sitting there on the couch (second couch seen in Argentina) and the door was open (everyone just hangs out with their doors open) And he came in, grabbed the lap top. She grabbed the cables. He pushed her over and then grabbed the cables and ran. I´m just happy we weren´t there to see how Hermana reacted... Well welcome to my area. haha Everytime I hear someone say Rud. it sounds like Rue…so I picture the poor little Rue from Hunger Games. On a lighter note. We were sitting at lunch and some of the Hermanas were talking about a wallet made out of skin from a yacare. (The Y´s here are like J´s) So I kept hearing Jacare. And first thing that came into my mind was Kangaroo Jack. So the entire time I was thinking that there was a wallet made of Kangaroo. Gross & embarrassing. Yacare is a crocodile. That´s about all I remember. Things are getting better and better here! The members are great and I feel a lot of love here. Well I love you all! The church is true. Love Hermana Healey

No comments:

Post a Comment