Thursday, February 27, 2014
Dios es Maravilloso
Hey howdy hey it rained all night and all day! Today we walked out of our pension and there is a river out there! It is insane. Could be worse, but hey its cool.
This week was a rollercoaster for sure!
The mosquitos here are attacking. We are under attack. It´s terrible. Like a plague. I´m positive it is a sign of the second coming. It´s comin. But there literally is a wall of mosquitos when you walk around. I have over 100 bites and still counting.
BUT!
The worst part is, one night in particular we were fighting off the mosquitos and slapping our legs and our arms and looking like weirdos, and when we returned home, I DIDNT HAVE MY PLAQUE. It got lost out there. And so I had plans to go look for it in the morning, but it rained. It´s gotta be in another country or something now. Sad day.
Wednesday we went to Resistencia to do some paperwork for our visas and all that good stuff. I saw Elder Fiabane and Elder Craven!! They brought me my mail, because I constantly bother them for it. And we pretty much spent the day in Resistencia running around. I did have to do fingerprints and this guy was asking me if I was from Japan.... WHY DOES EVERYONE THING I'M JAPANESE?! I told him no, but everyone asks me so I usually say that I am, and then they usually ask me how to say stuff in Japanese and I make up stuff and they believe me. He thought that was hilarious. And now he´s my best friend.
Thursday we did Divisiones with Hermana Sasser and Hermana Zaneli! Hermana Sasser was companions with Hermana Rich in the MTC!!! It was fun that we all had that in common, we miss our Hermana Rica in Tennessee.
Hermana Sasser is an AMAZING missionary! She has a wonderful testimony and is such a wonderful teacher! I learned so much from her. We met a couple people in her area that I would like to share with you all, one thing is for sure, Divisions bring Miracles.
First we will start off with Ana Paola.
On Thursday night we went out with a member. We were out in the middle of nowhere and all of our meetings fell through, great. But Hermana Flores said that she had a friend close by! Wonderful! We passed by, but no one was there. So we went Friday in the morning! She at first was very hesitant. And didn´t really want to let us in. But when we told her about Hermana Flores she let us in and opened up in a second. Recently her husband left her, and her three children for another family. She is heartbroken and feels so alone. We shared scriptures with her and asked her to pray. Her prayer was so beautiful. She said it was her first time ever praying. It was her first time ever talking to our Heavenly Father! It was so special to be apart of. She said that now she knows that she was never forgotten.
I know that truly we are never forgotten. Heavenly Father is always there. He has promised that he will always be with us. And Christ even has taught that if not him personally, he sends his angels. We are never alone.
I really hope that everything goes well with her and that she will be able to go to church!
Second, our dear Juan Carlos.
Juan Carlos sings. And he composes songs about God. And boy did he sing. Not like it was amazing. But he sang, and then he sang, and then he sang some more. haha His songs were all really great. One of his favorites is Dios es Maravilloso. You better believe I still have it in my head. We tried so hard not to laugh because it was adorable. And of course Hermana Sasser laughed so hard and I just sat there dying inside.
Dios es Maravilloso.
Yesterday we had Multizona!!!! You´ll never guess who I saw! You better believe I was with Hermana Allred and Hermana Lund! I miss them so much. They are so great. I was talking to one of the elders and all of a sudden I heard from the bathroom..¨HERMANA HEALEY??? HERMANA HEALEY???¨I screamed "MOM!!!" And I ran into her arms. haha we were all so excited to be together again.
The reunion was so great! We talked a lot about how the Lord is in His work. He is here helping us a long the way. I loved it.
I got my box por fin!!!!!!!
Thanks mom, dad, ky! Thanks Lor! Thanks Justin!
I am finding out the harder way every day that it is up to me how my days will go. It is all about the attitude people! I´m so grateful to be here and to have this opportunity to serve the Lord.
I love you all and thank you so much for all of your love and support!
Love always, Hermana Healey
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment