Tuesday, February 18, 2014
We Have a ZOO!
Yeah that´s right.
We have a zoo here.
It actually was pretty nice. The lions were growling every five seconds and we could hear them everywhere! And I chased around a peacock to get a flippin feather. Don´t worry. I got one. haha
We have a zoo is a movie right..?
There is a family here. Hermano and Hermana Usal. They are my "ma" and "pa" here. Don´t get too upset mom and dad they always wanted a little "Utah girl" They literally love me. Hermana Alvarado gets jealous sometimes but it´s nice meeting nice people who like the states!!! haha Well they are also known as "Eternagators" They have had ALL of the lessons. Like 3 times. Every missionary in the world has taught them. They know everything and they HAVE everything. Their front room has Liahonas and all of the little pamphlets we pass out. The first shelf you see when you walk in has The Law of Chastity pamphlet and the Word of Wisdom pamphlet standing up for all to see.
Anyways they are cooks but so adorable. We ran into Hno. Usal on the street and he was telling us about these leaves that he uses to wash his face to make the wrinkles go away... he actually looks really young for being almost 70.
But he was telling us that we have to try our best to look our best for our husbands when we get married. Its a part of this life. And then he looked at me and said that I have got something special...
Maybe something special to get you baptized Papa Usal..
We did divisions this week and I went to Las Breñas with Hermana Pipe! From South Jordan Utah!!!! She is beautiful and a wonderful missionary. I learned so much from her. We first had a wonderful time in her pension... which over looks a pool so that was added torture. haha But it´s so beautiful.
We had a lesson with a woman named Maria whom they met earlier that day but Maria was busy. So we passed by and she said that she NEVER accepts anyone from another religion.. But that morning she was remembering her son who died suddenly and she was having a really hard time and that is when the missionaries clapped at her gate. We taught the Plan of Salvation. The spirit was so strong!!! We truly could testify that her son helped the missionaries to find her. And that we were meant to find her to teach her how she can see him again. We cried through the whole lesson. Every time we teach The Plan of Salvation my love for My Savior grows. I honestly can´t explain how much I love this gospel. We left her house and felt so great! I hope that things go well with her.
I love Hermana Pipe. We had so much fun together. We only had 1 day together but I know that we are going to be real close from now on.
And to think! If I wasn´t on my mission I probably would have never met her, or Hermana Rich, or hermana Allred, or Hermana Lund. I love that through this gospel and through our missions I have found some really wonderful friends.
IT RAINED!!!! Finally. haha Off and on for about 3 days. It still is kinda cool and off and on rain. It is great! I wish it was like this for ever! Well summer is coming to an end finally so hopefully it will cool down and be more like this!
A few pointless things I would like to share..
I went to Chango Mas. It´s like a cheap Wal Mart. And got PEANUT BUTTER. What´s up?! I´m so happy. It´s the only place that has Peanut butter in Argentina.
I also cracked and bought a curling iron.
I am loving every second of my time here. I know that a mission is short and then comes life. This is a time I have special to help and do my absolute best here in Argentina.
I love you all and I miss you lots. I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentines day!
And Happy Presidents Day!
Love Hermana Healey
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment