Saturday, April 19, 2014
Where´s Waldo? More like Where´s Walter?
Lunes
We had a Noche de Hogar with the family Rodriguez and with Hermano Leo and Noelia. It was so much fun! I love the family Rodriguez with all of my heart and their willingness to always help everyone and their testimonies. Their family is a family that I will remember for ever. I hope I get to stay for at least one more transfer to spend more time with them. They have the happiest baby boy named Ian and he is my world here. We ate pizza. With fish. Not my favorite.
Miercoles
We had interviews with Pte and Hermana Heyman. It was really wonderful and sad all at the same time. I can´t believe they are getting ready to leave! We talked a lot about my mission, the good times I have had and the bad times as well. It was really wonderful. Then he started talking about marriage and I said "too far." but it was actually really nice. He truly cares about every single one of us. Of that, I´m very grateful.
Jueves
You´re girl hit one year!! I celebrated by buying a ice cream cake. Even though it was raining. haha It was well worth it. We went out to work and we met a very sweet family! At first we were visiting with them to get to know them and we shared a message and she brought us mate. We don´t drink mate. She was so surprised. haha I felt so bad. and then her husband and her two kids came in and we talked to them about Noche de hogar and then the daughter made us coffee and brought us coffee. We don´t drink coffee. haha It was really a series of unfortunate events. They were only trying to be super kind and here we are not drinking their kindness. They were really sweet though.
The storm got worse and we were trying to get out of there and then it sounded as if lightning hit their tin roof. Their dad dropped their mate cup that was made of metal because he thought he was going to get electricuted, and they refused to let us leave. Ha I didn´t mind. I was terrified. ha But then after they drove us home. So we missed the storm!
Viernes
On the way to our lunch appointment I we were walking in the rain and I heard this "meow! Meow!" I knew it was a kitten and my heart sank. I practically dived into a bush looking for this poor wet kitten and got all muddy and wet in the process. I wrapped it up in my scarf and we walked the rest of the way to our lunch appointment. I practically begged the member to take her but she didn´t want a cat. AND NO ONE WANTS CATS HERE. And there isn´t like a cute little pet shop to bring it to. No one accepts cats. So I finally called our Presidente of the branch and they accepted Baghira with open arms!
Yes it was a black kitten, Baghira from the Jungle Book fit perfectly.
Domingo
We had a really great fast and testimony meeting this Sunday! Nicolas recieved the priesthood! He truly is "de oro" and he bore his testimony! All by himself! It was a wondeful thing to hear. I bawled all the way through.
We had three girls come with us to church this Sunday, Jazmin, her little sister Celeste and her friend Leticia. Jazmin and Celeste we have visited for awhile now but her dad wont give them permission to be baptized. But they LOVE church. and sometimes even go on their own!
I thought a lot about them during Sacrament yesterday and it all felt really special to me that they were with us this week. For a long time before I was a member of the church, Ky and I would walk to church and go alone, later on I started dragging Jacqlyn a long with us. We all had the same ages as Jaz, Celeste and Leticia. And I´m just so grateful for them and for their love for the savior to keep going even though their dad doesn´t approve.
My mom and I were baptized 17 of April in 2004. And I am so grateful for my little sister who started going to church and started this journey for us.
Happy Anniversary mom and dad!!! This week, 20 years! that´s like the diamond anniversary or something right mom ;)?
Happy birthday Camille!!! I love you so much!
Happy Birthday Saturday Jo! I love you!!!
Happy Easter everyone!!
Saturday Walter will be baptized! Finally we are able to teach that child. haha And I think he is really excited!
I´m so grateful for this gospel in my life and that I can be here right now. Thank you for all of your love and support!
All my love,
Hermana Healey
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment