Thursday, April 24, 2014

"Am I Everywhere in Argentina?" "Yes!" "Am I a Dog?"

So much happened this week!!! It felt like the LONGEST week of my life. And I started a new planner today and left my old one so I´m just gonna use the ol´ thinker to tell you about my week. Wednesday- At the Noche de Rama we played that game "who am I?" Where you pick a name or a thing and everyone can see it but you, and then you have to ask "yes" or "no" questions. I was a dog, whatever. But this girl Myra was Beyonce, and I was the only one from the states there so I was super excited because, Beyonce, she´s my girl. But I´m pretty sure I said that she was married to Nick Cannon so I taught false doctrine there, but it was still a really fun night! Thursday- CONSEJO!!! Saw Hermana Allred and Hermana Lund, always a pleasure. They are doing really good! Hermana Allred goes home in like 6 weeks so that sucks but she is really happy. But something big, THEY CANCELED OUR PACKAGES. We can´t get packages anymore in my mission. So, I would just like to thank all of you lovely people who sent me love, but I can´t receive anymore. Trust me, every Hermana almost cried. But other than that, consejo was really great. Pte. Heyman´s brother was there and he did a really great slide show about the conversion of their family. I loved it! Saturday and like Friday- Little Walter got baptized!!! It truly was a miracle. The day of his interview, he was in a bad mood and didn´t want to be baptized again. But we played a game... to teach tithing... it´s possible people. And he loved it! And he did really good in his interview!! That night (friday) his grandma said if there was rain we would have to move the baptism. HECK NO! I was like, "nope, we´ll come and get you." We prayed so hard that Walter would be happy on Saturday, and that it wouldn´t rain. Saturday the rain clouds came and sprinkled a little bit and we thought we were doomed! So we felt like we should go earlier to pick them up, and Walter wasn´t very happy.. Doomed! We talked to him a little bit and then he got himself ready and came out and said "Are we going to do this thing or not?" Miracle people. The baptism of course didn´t start on time, and NO one was there that was supposed to be. But after it got started, it was smooth sailing! He even smiled!!!!!!!!! Sunday- Walter received the Holy Ghost! And he even closed his little eye balls for the prayer and sat very reverently! He´s so cool. AND!!!!! Hermano Nicolas our other convert, said the opening prayer in sacrament! It was a wonderful Easter Sunday. That night we did a Family home evening to celebrate Easter with the Family Rodriguez and it was so great! They are so sweet. Easter, this Easter was a little bit different then others, (no one hides eggs for me here) but it was one very impacting. I am reminded daily of the many blessings that I have in my life. Especially this last week. This is what The Atonement was all about! So that we can all have this knowledge that this life isn´t the end. Christ lives, and we will forever. I am soooo grateful to be here. I love it, and I hope that everyone is healthy and happy and had a wonderful Easter! This Wednesday is transfers... I think I´m staying and Hermana Alvarado is going to leave... but I´ll let you know when I can! All my love, Hermana Courteney Healey

No comments:

Post a Comment