Friday, July 25, 2014
Another Baby Came My Way
I´m training again! She is cute! Her name is Hermana Lopez and she is from Chile! She literally has 20 days on the mission. 20 days away from her family. She was only in the MTC for 2 weeks and then came straight here. So its literally starting from scratch. She is really sweet and I just want the best for her. I really hope that I can help her with everything so that she feels loved here. Our first planning day was a little rough and Homesickness hasnt hit her yet but it almost did! Im so prepared. I got chocolate and all that good stuff.
Im thinking my last two transfers I will be with her, so that is really cool! We are doing training so I am remembering everything that I had to learn those first 12 weeks and Im able to see what I need to do better for my last 12 weeks.
Our first day being able to work together we found this woman Paulina and Hermana Lopez threw out the Book of Mormon and really wanted to teach it. So we went with it, little did we know that Paulina was really looking for a way to learn more about Christ and feel peace. What does the Book of Mormon do? Helps us learn about Christ and feel peace. MIRACLE. She is so in tune with the spirit and she shines in every lesson. Im so grateful to be able to serve with her.
Saturday the stake did a MINI CCM! It was so cool. It was a little Missionary Training Center at our stake building. There were 150 young men and young women who came and all of us missionaries went out and did contacts with them. We had 4 amazing girls who did sooooo good! We did a game to help with the awkwardness of contacting. That we had to say a specific word in our contact. Hermana Pipe and I did that a few times when we worked together and it seemed to work! So we did it with them and IT WAS AWESOME!
At first I did the talking because yeah Hermana Lopez was just as nervous as they were, then the girls took it away! One lady talked to us but basically didnt want to do anything with the church and one of the girls bore her testimony! It was really amazing. It helped me to realize how simple it really is to share our testimonies and the gospel. We dont need to leave a 30 minute lesson with an opening and closing prayer with every person we know, but these girls helped me to realize that if all we have is our testimony, give it. And we will be blessed in return.
AND I SAW HERMANA BEDOYA!!!!! I practically sat in her lap the whole meeting.
Sunday Victor came to church again! What a champ. He so is getting baptized. He is such a humble hermanito and I love him to death. He has such a testimony already and every time we leave his house I feel like I got more out of the lesson with him because of the love he has for the Lord.
I live with now Hermana Howard from Salt Lake! She and I have a lot in common and we are having lots of fun together so Im glad that she is here with me. We took tons of pictures on Sunday so I will try to get them out but if I dont, next week!
Im super happy and everything is going good here in good ol Formosa.
Love you all!
Love Hermana Healey
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment