Wednesday, July 2, 2014
Could this rain count as our baptism?
This week went by way too fast!!! I don’t even remember what happened this week.
Little things…
Wednesday we went and saw Epifanio. That man frustrates me…
He went on about how he still hasn’t received his answer and there is only one God! So the churches that talk about God are all true! Blah blah blah. The wall of his house is progressing faster than he is. So we decided to take a little break from little Epi pen.
There is a girl Sabrina. Literally makes my life. She is like 19 years old, loves 80s music and is the cutest girl ever. She always is so happy and we see her everywhere. We tried teaching her! It was really good but she didn’t come to church on Sunday and wasn’t there for the next appointment. We are thinking that she just wants us as friends so we haven’t been back to see her. But literally I love her to death. She asked me for my home email so she can send me an email the day after I go home. haha She makes the week a lot better.
Last night we had a Noche de Hogar with the Familia Cabaña! They are amazing. We talked about the family and how our families are ordained of God, I think that is what it is in English…we read Lehi’s vision of the Tree of Life with them and how Lehi when he partook of the fruit, he wanted instantly for his family to eat of it as well. It was a really good lesson and the spirit was there. Then Hermana Cabaña made LEMON PIE. Yeah that’s right. Pie from a lemon; so good.
Best part yet... I know that you are all waiting for this…
RAQUEL AND ARIEL WERE BAPTIZED ON SATURDAY!!!!
They did it! Even though it is freezing cold here and has rained all week and we walked to the church in the rain, and the water was cold! They came and got baptized. Raquel is amazing. Poor Ariel was so scared he didn’t want to go far in the water because it was so cold! But afterward when we were walking home I asked him how he felt and he said "Like an angel from heaven" haha OH MY LIFE I just wanted to hug that kid. He gets it! He knows that he made a very important step in his life. He knows there was a change and that he can be happy.
Raquel still is amazing. She said that that Saturday morning they woke up and laid in bed and talked about what baptism means and what Heavenly father expects of them after they take this step! They know it is a responsibility and are taking it seriously! I love them so much. I feel so blessed to have been able to see them take this step in their lives. Such a wonderful family that has joined the Latter Day Saint family!
Hermana Bedoya and I called Pte and Hermana Heyman last night just for a chat. It is so weird that they leave TOMORROW! We asked them what they were doing and Pte Heyman said, "Hermana Heyman is packing and I am taking out what she puts in!" haha good job Pres!!! It is really sad to see them go but I am definitely excited to get to know and love Presidente and Hermana Franco!
That’s how my week is going so far!! Belen is going to get baptized this Saturday! She is just a joy. Her parents support her but aren’t members and her brother just recently got baptized! We are excited to be working with this family.
The weeks are going by and by and before we knew it, it’s July! What the???
I love my mission and I am so happy to be here. Here’s to a new week!
Love you!
Hermana Healey
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment