Friday, July 18, 2014

Remember when Argentina almost won the World Cup?

Yeah me too! Everyone has been asking so Ima tell you how it was during this exciting time of our lives. Every day that Argentina played we changed the schedule and we worked in the morning and then we studied during the siesta when Argentina was playing and then we left at like 5:30. So we weren’t in the crazy, but we sure heard the crazy. Sunday was a total different story. They played here at like 3 or 4, so we went to church and then we came home and didn’t leave for the rest of the night. Yes, you better believe I took my first Sunday nap yesterday. We couldn’t tell if the game had ended or if we lost, until we heard fireworks and no screaming. That is when I knew that Argentina was in mourning. Enough about that, BELEN FINALLY GOT BAPTIZED!!! We were so excited for her! This time we went to her house, waited for her to get ready and then walked with her and her family to the church. Then later on her grandma and two of her aunts came! All non-members and they all came to support Belen! So cute! She was so excited and so happy! She had a permanent smile on her face all night. She asked Elder Hastleton to baptize her, and it was his birthday on Saturday! Happy birthday to him. Really all the good things of this week happened on Sunday. We told our investigator Victor that we would wait for him at church because he has his moto and everything. So we get there and I have to go straight to the piano to play, so Hermana Bedoya grabbed another Hermana and was waiting and waiting. I looked down and didn’t see either of them when Sacrament started so I started to panic. Then after the opening hymn they walked in!!! Part of my stress=gone. But then we were all panicked because Raquel still wasn’t there and she needed to give a talk during sacrament! Seriously I was looking through windows outside looking for her moto, listening carefully to see if I hear Lulu or Ariel. I was stressed. Finally she comes in! RELIEF. She did such a good job! She talked about baptism and talked about her own baptism. it was so beautiful. After sacrament we were making sure everyone was where they needed to be. Victor=his class, Belen=her class, Lulu/Ariel=primary, Raquel=our class. We were running around everywhere and then we wanted Victor to have a friend come sit by him. The member who helps us with victor usually wasn’t there so we were like "What do we do now?" (Really like the world was ending) But then we though Hermano Medina. He was glad to help! AND IT WAS PERFECT! In class he sat by Victor, helped him read, let him borrow his scriptures, then RAISED HIS HAND and talked about how he was so glad to have made a new friend today in church. Victor was so grateful he was brought to tears. He told us that he has been praying for spiritual guidance and that he knows the church is true. He is preparing to be baptized 2 of August...I think…ha but the point is…he is awesome, and maybe Sunday wouldn’t have been that great if Hermano Medina wasn’t willing to make a new friend in church. Well that was basically the great part of the week. Since we didn’t leave yesterday I read, slept, and then colored of course. And then we were all saddened by the loss of Argentina. Remember how it’s like "winter" here? Yeah I’m sweating. It’s been so hot this week I’m nervous that summer came a little too quickly. Transfers are this week already!!! I think I’m staying, I think I will stay here until I go home, I am PRAYING that Hermana Bedoya stays here with me for at least ONE MORE TRANSFER. But I will let you know next week! The time is FLYING! And there is no stopping it. I am so grateful for this time I have to serve the Lord, I know and I am reminded every day that this work is REAL, it is changing lives and it is helping so many families. That is what it is all about right there. Love you!! Have a great week!! Love Hermana Healey

No comments:

Post a Comment