Friday, August 15, 2014
Shall I Falter or Shall I Finish??
Well I’m not gonna lie, this week was a tough one. But there is no doubt that I grew a lot this week and my testimony has soared. Because a lot of it happened with personal stuff with some missionaries I won’t go into detail, but how I felt is what I will share.
Remember how I told you my poor companion is allergic to all things? Jk (not all things but pretty much any insect) well yeah, we went to the doctor, they gave her a shot, and then the shot reacted weird and it went red. Awesome! Another trip to the emergency room. So we went on Wednesday super early in the morning so that she could see a specialist and they basically told her they have no idea what happened but pop these pills that make you sleep until Monday and oh yeah, don’t leave your bed. Excuse me? It’s Wednesday. So we both kinda look at each other like... life sucks. But when I got home I got to work. I called Pipe and Lloyd and scheduled to work with them in divisiones every day for at least two hours, I didn’t want to have their area suffer, I called Bonilla and Howard and scheduled them in. And then called all of the members I could think of. Rocio and Guadalupe were so willing to work 3 days with me! I was so grateful. I refused to stay at home.
Basically every day I had a new companion every 2 hours. It was really fun, and I loved it because I was able to leave and still try to save the area that is slowly being destroyed because we haven’t been able to work lately. But we were able to visit with Victor, Raquel, Belen and Ale, Rodrigo and Leonela most of the time. I figured if I could see them every day I would be set.
Thursday night was the big blow up. Basically everything went wrong. But I hit a point where we had a problem, a problem that I couldn’t fix. So I didn’t know what to do, called my zone leaders, they didn’t know how to help me either, neither did the Hermanas, and then I just lost it. Now that I look back I think I really freaked out my district leader because he passed me on to one of the assistants. I broke down even more, ha ha! But then, I got a phone call from Presidente Franco. I was sitting downstairs in our front room, on the floor, Hermana Howard was there with her arm around me and I heard Presidente say "Hermana Healey, How are you?"
More breakdown. I just let it out. Everything I had I just told him all that I was feeling.
I don’t know how to explain the peace I felt though when I heard Presidente talking to me. It was a testimony to me that Heavenly Father was aware of me in that moment. That I was faced with a situation I couldn’t fix on my own. And I know that in that phone call, Heavenly Father reached out to me through one of his humble servants. I know that our prayers are heard. I know that they are answered. I know that every trial and every test that we go through day to day is to help us grow, and help us be better. I know that that night I felt the love that my Savior has for me. And I knew everything would be okay.
I’m super great now. Don’t be thinking I went all wacko depressed. Presidente and I talked and we found a solution that will help us all! He really is a man called of God for us and this mission. There is no doubt in my mind of how guided he is by the spirit.
That really was my week. I worked a little, with the luck of my lovely Hermanas and the Hermanas in the ward. And I’m ready to have a good week this week!
We went to the hospital this morning at like 7 and Hermana Lopez is good to go! She can work this week! We are hitting the pavement.
Yesterday was my daddy’s birthday! I hope you had a really good day daddy and that you were spoiled rotten! I saw the Christmas Harley Davidson stuff you got so I’m sure you are ready for the holiday season just as much as I am!
Also I reached 16 months in the mission yesterday! Guada and Rocio made a cake! It reminds me of Dr. Seuss. It was DELICIOUS.
So, to answer the question. You better believe I will finish.
Thank you for all of your love and support! Have a wonderful week!
Love Hermana Healey
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment