Thursday, August 28, 2014
"What Should I Name This Email?"
Is what I asked Hermana Howard…Her reply? "Hermana Howard"
hahahaha Love her.
What the longest week ever?!
Here is what went down…
Tuesday we got a call and Hermana Lopez needed to go to Corrientes to do more work for her tramites. ALL DAY IN A BUS=sucks. Really it was about 4 hours there and 4 hours back.
Thursday was the birthday of Hermana Lopez!!! It took a lot of work to do surprises for her without her knowing but it all worked! We woke her up this morning singing to her and we had a card made from all of the missionaries in the zone. Then we decorated the apartment and Hermana Pipe and Hermana Lloyd made her a cake because our oven is broken and she would have smelled it of course if we made it at home. They are angels. We were able to see a lot of people today! She got hugged by Ale and she freaked out. haha It was really funny to see her first illegal hug. haha
Well this week we have been looking for a lot of new investigators... because we have none basically. We have been visiting this girl named Karen for a few weeks but she hasn’t come to church. She does every other commitment but that so we weren’t sure if we were going to be able to keep visiting her. SOO…we did a "You either come with us or we gotta start seeing other people type talk" Like a Define the Relationship type of deal. ha And we talked to her mom! So we were really nervous but it turned out really good! And she went with us to church on Sunday and now we are teaching the mom!!!
It was our first full week of working again so the littlest things are really exciting.
ALSO! We went to see Hermana Raquel today, and her cousin Carolina lives with her right now with her boyfriend (great). Everyone lives at that house, but Carolina is really... sassy. I am all for sassy, but don’t be sassy to me. But she ALWAYS is. One time with Hermana Bedoya she confronted us because she doesn’t like us because we get paid for what we do... News to me! I’M POOR! So we explained to her it was something that we choose to do, we choose to serve God. That shut her up real quick. And then she never really said much to us since...
UNTIL THIS WEEK. We were sharing a scripture with Raquel and Carolina came in. She asked us to forgive her for how she has been to us and she wants to go to church! She says that she LOVES that our church focuses on the family so much that we dedicate a NIGHT at least one night of the week for the family. SO TRUE!
We are going to start with the lesson one tomorrow night and we are THRILLED!
We had a really good week and it has been so good to work again! I love it. Tomorrow we find out if there are changes. I’m praying to stay. But we will see. I will go where He wants me to go.
Have a wonderful week! I love you all.
Love Hermana Healey
P.s. Made my "trunky agenda" or my last planner, It’s good. I’ll send pictures soon. ha
It’s a big deal okay.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment