Friday, November 1, 2013
Tarantulas and Scorpions
Last Monday after I had a jolly good time writing you lovely people, Hermana Allred and I were out preaching the gospel. On our way home we walked by this cute little shop that was selling sheets! I peeped my head in by the window to see if there were any cheap cute ones.. because I would like some new sheets of course.. and Hermana Allred is standing by the wall. All of a sudden I hear a gasp and she jumps into my arms. Ladies and gents. A huge, the ugliest, tarantula. That is right. That doesn´t even look like the word but the biggest hairiest tarantula I have ever seen. That night they also told us the scorpions will be out and about sooner than later. Ask me how many times I have to drop a weight on a cockroach, how am I supposed to kill a scorpion in my house?
Sunday was a lot better luckily this week. I think the smack down from President really made everyone think about their behavior and want to be better. Church was better and I actually left spiritually uplifted this week! Something that I haven´t felt in a long time. Today, our new Pres. and the Elders went through training on how to run the ward pretty much. So Hermana Allred was in charge of teaching the Sunday school for adults and guess who taught the teenagers? That´s right. This girl. It really wasn´t bad they were all participating and were really nice to me so I think it went well. They all guessed that I was 19. Thank you children.
Friday I went on divisions with Hermana Johansen again. This time we worked in my area. It was a long hot day but we had a lot of success! We were practically run down by a less active a few weeks ago and she wanted us to come see her on Friday so we went with a member! haha We brought Mara, who is getting ready for her own mission! We are so blessed to have her. We walk up and clap at her gate and her daughter comes and lets us in and we go into her house and she leads us to the bedroom..yikes!.. This Hermana is laying in her bed with a deathly illness! JK but she really wouldn´t even sit up or anything. She just kept begging for help from the scriptures. uhhh. Okay. So I pop out a scripture, I don´t remember which one really. It was great she loved it. I bore my testimony about how much of an impact my mom has made on me and about how there would be no way I would be able to do this without my mom. She was kind of surprised but after Mara bore her testimony as well we knew that we had done all that Heavenly Father wanted us to do. She wasn´t at church again this week but hopefully something changes. I was just happy I felt the spirit talk through me and that I had done what Heavenly Father wanted me to do.
It´s crazy how many situations we go through where we have no idea what the word is or where that is in the scriptures and the answer just comes! I know that I am an instrument for the Lord and I only have this time to do what I can for him.
Kylee Healey, Happy birthday my sweetheart. Your day landed on my 200 day! So we had chocolate milk and grilled cheese in yours and my honor. haha
Well the church is true. And I miss you all with all my heart.
Love always,
Hermana Healey
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment