Sunday, November 17, 2013

"As if I´m not already a freak, let´s add a sombrero!"‏

Princess Diaries, with a twist of my life. It has been getting so hot here! And my tan lines are RIDICULOUS. And everyone has told us to get some sombreros. I immediately think of a huge hat from like La Casita or something. haha But no. An investigator (who has so much money it´s insane) just gave us two of her hats! They are really nice because it blocks the sun from my quickly aging face. But it draws so much more attention to me. I´ll send a picture one day... maybe. Transfers.... I stayed! I think it´s my calling in life to stay in places for very long periods of time. I swear, it´s really really unusual here in this mission to stay in an area with the same companion for 3 transfers. But there must be a reason for it right? Right! This week, not a lot happened really. We were flipping out about transfers for a very long time and then afterward we were in shock. haha Yesterday we called Mirta to see if she was going to be able to go to church and she told us "Impossible" And we thought she meant because of her son who has a lot of problems... No. It was because her other son hates us pretty much and forbids his mom to ever let us in again. First of all, who forbids their parents to do anything? Crazy. It is really sad because I know that this gospel could have helped her so much. During our consejo with our branch president Pte. Diaz, he is just so sweet and little and old! He just listens to us talk about all of our investigators and doesn´t talk much. So that´s where our elders takes charge of the meetings and Pte is just there just because pretty much. But he is this skinny little adorable man. Do you want to picture him? He is literally the little old man that fixes Woody in Toy Story 2. Anyways we are sitting there listening and I look over at Presidente and he is trying to get my attention and then rolls up his sleeve and shows off his cute little muscle. I DIED LAUGHING. It was the most adorable thing I had ever seen. We were laughing so hard and the elders were mad because we were goofing off. But who cares? Presidente Diaz showed off his guns in our meeting. I don´t think I have ever described The Siesta to you good folks yet. A missionary does a lot of walking around in a place like this being guided by the spirit and finding those who are prepared. To be able to do our job, we need the prepared... to be awake. The Siesta here in Argentina is this basically, everyone here wakes up at 8 and opens their shops. They work very very very hard until 12. Then they CLOSE EVERYTHING FOR THEIR NAP TIME UNTIL 4 OR 5! And everyone literally sleeps. We walk through the city and it´s as if we have landed into the movie I Am Legend. I feel like I need Will Smith and a trusty pup by my side. NO ONE EXISTS FOR 5 HOURS of the day. It´s really the most ridiculous thing of my life. And everyone gets mad if you clap at their door because it´s their nap time. Lazy. And the worst part is that they think it´s that way everywhere!!!!! I love seeing their faces when I explain to them that people from my country actually work 9 to 5 shifts, that 8 to 10 hour shifts aren´t that crazy. It´s literally so ridiculous. I would also like to announce that I am finally in the same country as Justin Bieber again. He did a show in Buenos Aires Sunday night and everyone has had Bieber fever this week. I have heard the song Baby more than I have ever heard before. But! This knowledge and love that I have for this pop star singer (don´t judge me) has helped us more than ever in our work here in BV. Saturday day we clapped at a door and this girl Vanessa opened the door and asked us to come in right before we had a chance to introduce ourselves. She had said she had met with missionaries before and liked what she had heard. She said that that morning one of her best friends died in a moto accident and she needed help and comfort. We knew then we were led there by the spirit to help her. We taught her Plan of Salvation- love this lesson so much- and she said "I have something from your church is there somewhere I can read?" and we were thinking it was the Bible or just a little booklet thing, she came out with The Book of Mormon! We were really excited because she said she was for sure coming to church Sunday. We talked to her in the morning and she said she was getting ready, but she never came. It´s so hard when they don´t come to church! But her little sister didn´t really think we were cool until we told her that we love Justin Bieber. Now she wants to take the lessons as well! Thanks JB. Anyways she was our little miracle of the week! We hope that we can get her to church for sure on Sunday! Well I love you all and I love my mission. I´m still here in BV for a reason! Let´s hope that we find out why soon! I hope you all have a wonderful week and get ready for the wonderful holidays that are coming up! xoxo Hermana Healey

No comments:

Post a Comment