Sunday, November 24, 2013
SCORPION
Yep. The day has come. I killed a scorpion.
The other night Hermana Allred was brushing her teeth and I was writing in my journal already in bed, when out of nowhere I hear her yelling. I instantly reach for something to kill a spider. I run in there and she is so mad. She is furious, and our hand towel is in the sink. That´s right. When she was about to wipe off her mouth after brushing her teeth she looked at the towel and saw a pink thing with legs. IT WAS A SCORPION. Granted it isn´t black and huge like I imagined, but stil, I killed a scorpion. I first tried drowning it in this bowl thing. That didn´t work. Then we drowned it with Clorox. And then flushed it. And yes of course I still am so terrified that it will come back alive and crawl out of that toilet and sting me one day.
So we have been visiting a less active family, the Farias family. They have been less active for quite a while. The dad sometimes goes and his daughter Pamela who is 8. NO ONE KNEW SHE WASNT BAPTIZED. That´s right. She isn´t. And she wants to really bad. But her parents really haven´t done anything about it so it´s weird. But we have been visiting her and teaching her all the lessons because she turns 9 in like 6 days. And her baptism date is planned for the 30. So let’s all pray that her parents don’t go crazy and that this actually happens! She is such a handful but adorable at the same time. We walked to church with her because her dad didn´t want to go this week and she sang with us One Direction the entire way. She´s wonderful. But we are hoping that everything goes well for her baptism on the 30th. Right now her parents are okay with it but we feel like we are walking on egg shells with them.
Tomorrow we have a multi zone conference with the missionaries from here in Corrientes and another place! I´m really excited to spend the day in Resistencia tomorrow and learn more.
We have a really awesome investigator named Vanesa, she really is so great. She didn´t come to church again on Sunday which is so heart breaking but she is still progressing and doing so well. She has amazing questions and everything just clicks and makes sense to her! She just NEEDS TO GO TO CHURCH.
Carlos and Graciela are really awesome as well! They aren´t married, just live together and no desire to get married soon because she thinks she is too young. Their situation is really difficult but they are so great. They are both Catholic and everything we teach they are understanding and saying how it makes so much more sense than the ways in the Catholic Church. They both are teachers, and Carlos is so intelligent. Every time he opens his mouth he says "Una pregunta" And I swear we both catch our breath and expect the worst. But then when we answer his questions he talks about how much it makes sense and of course Heavenly Father would do things this way! It´s really great when they catch on and truly listen and understand; we just have to get them married first. Ha! No pressure.
Next week is Thanksgiving? No way.
Love Hermana Healey
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment