Saturday, March 15, 2014

I Never Know What to Title These!

Today is my 11 months. Yeah. Weird. This week I did Divisiones with Hermana Morris!!! From American Fork Utah! Pretty sure she has to know some of the family, but we don´t remember really. Hermana Morris is probably the most hilarious missionary here in the mission. I had such a good time with her. I laughed so hard and she was just funny the entire time. Love her. This week Facundo was baptized! That´s right. That long haired, bearded child of God did the right thing! This week was filled with trying to teach him everything, get everything ready, and calling everyone to make sure people were there because we didn´t announce it in church on Sunday. Here are the real highlights of this chaos.. Tuesday we had a lesson with him in the chapel with Hermana and Hermano Mesa (Naum). Hermana Mesa has been less active for a little while and recently she is coming back. But I am SO grateful she was there that day. We were all talking about how we can receive answers from our Heavenly Father through prayer. And Facundo started to tell us about how he NEVER dreams, but lately he has been having really bad dreams after he prays before bed. And he told us about some and they were just too weird. It was a moment when I would usually sit there and wait and wait until I had something to say or a scripture to read, but NOTHING. Blank. I looked at Hermana Alvarado and knew the same was happening with her. In DyC we are promised that the Holy Ghost will help us in those times and put the words into our minds, that moment, the Holy Ghost helped Hermana Mesa. She talked about how the exact same thing happened to her right before her baptism and how prayer and scripture reading helped her to know that the church was true. It was so beautiful and powerful. I know that The Holy Ghost is the real teacher, and that sometimes it´s not the missionaries who deliver the message. My testimony grows of working with members every day. Saturday morning we went to clean out the font. It was so filthy I wanted to die. But por suerte, at that time there was a Presidency meeting for the stake and two hermanos from Las BreƱas came in and helped us clean it out. I was so happy. We were so grateful for all of their help. The baptism was at 5:00 en punto... Yeah no one here understands that. Everyone started arriving at 5:20 and it started at 5:40. I´m a timely person.. That will never change.. Imagine my stress. haha I almost baptized him myself. Jk Naum was so excited that Facundo asked him to do it. It was his first baptism and he was sooo excited. They had to do it twice because Hermano Naum said his last name wrong. haha but it was great. Facundos brother was baptized in December. And he is really cool! We went to the zoo with him and his family. But he hasn´t been at church for about a month and doesn´t have much motivation to go. But we asked him to talk at the baptism and was scared as to if he would be there or not but he was there! And he bore such a beautiful testimony! It was so great; a perfect ending. This week was just a bunch of stress!!! But it went by so fast so I´m grateful for that. This week is Transfers AGAIN! We´ll see what happens next week... I think that I´m staying here. haha I ain´t goin anywhere for awhile. I love you all! I hope you all have a wonderful week this week! Love Hermana Healey HAPPY BIRTHDAY XANDER MAN!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY GABS!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment