Tuesday, March 25, 2014

"You break our hearts and then want to be baptized?!?!"‏

Another week has flown by. Yesterday was, yet, another holiday here in Argentina. And for some reason it is ALWAYS on Mondays. I don´t get it either. But oh well. Celebrate you Argentines, celebrate. This week I went on divisiones with Hermana Zaneli de Brasil!!! She is one amazing missionary. She just barely hit her 5 months and she is rocking it. She really has a beautiful ability to be able to testify of ANYTHING! And to share the gospel even with those meanies out there. I had so much fun with her. I was dying the first day because I was so sick but she took such good care of me. Friday we knew we had to get our butts in gear and visit Nicolas more often in the week to finish teaching him so he could be baptized the 29th. We called his house (his parents are VERY catholic) and asked to talk to "Senior Nicolas?" and his dad answered saying "There is no senior nicolas here, only el joven nicolas" whatever sir let me talk to your son. We talked to him and he said that he finally found work through the Catholic Church and he doesn´t want to have anything to do with the Mormons anymore. Our hearts sank and we just sat there shocked. Saturday we went to visit Paola. She is so amazing and has a wonderful testimony already. She has 3 kids and lives with their father but they aren´t married. But she wants to go to church and learn more about what we teach. Then we went to see Vanina, she is 19 years old and sooooo shy. I wasn´t really sure if she really has interest or if she just was being nice so we shared something short and invited her to church. She said she would be ready and will wait for us on Sunday. I hate to say I didn´t have much confidence in her.. SUNDAY!!! Best/Worst day ever. "lets start at the very beginning, a very good place to start" That morning we had 5 people promised to go to church with us and all lived in different neighborhoods, so we called up Irina and Marci to go on divisiones with us. I went with Irina to go and get Paola and Vanina, and Hermana Alvarado went to get Jasmin and her little sister. Irina and I showed up for Vanina, and THERE SHE WAS! Dressed in her nice coat (because it is freezing in the mornings and nights now) Ready to go! It was a wonderful surprise. Then we passed by to find Paola, she brought her two sons. I don´t remember their names but lets just call them by their ages, Terrible 3 and FRUSTRATING 4. Thankfully we walked to church in peace. We showed up and Jasmin was there! And Walter, and NICOLAS. With a nice Sunday jacket and his comb over all slicked. Lookin good. We didn´t have time to talk to him before the reunion started. And ALL THROUGH SACRAMENT I was entertaining these two rugrats. With everything I had. Frustrating 4 ate all my cough drops (they eat those things like candy here) and scribbled all over my agenda, tore out my photo album and looked at every book I had in my bag. I didn´t even care because he was silent for at least 30 seconds.. Oh well. I BEGAN to rethink having children. Not gonna lie. So we are about to go to relief society, and all of Sunday school we were running back and forth between primary and the class and the hooligans were insane and there was one moment when I had Frustrating 4 climbing up my body, Terrible 3 pulling on my arms, and Hermana Alvarado just sitting there, and that is when an elder decides to ask me stupid questions just to be a pest. I snapped at the elder, practically threw the kiddles in primary, and hummed I am a Child of God. We talked to Nicolas and he said that he made a mistake and knows that the church was true. And he knows what happens if he knows it is true and denies it, so he said "Baptize me Saturday" And we said "With pleasure." We had a really awesome lesson with him that night and he will be baptized this Saturday! That night we literally got locked out of our apartment. Our lock in our door is so stupid and the key is stupid and it was just all stupid. The key would enter into the door, but wouldn´t turn por nada. We tried everything. And NO ONE was home on our floor, and NO MEMBER answered us. So we called the zone leaders and they came to help. NADA. All I wanted to do was call my brothers. I even tried pulling out my credit card knowing it wouldn´t work but had a hope that I could do the same thing Ty did with his card. But nope. We slept very nice on the floor of the Hermana’s pension that night and paid 100 pesos in the morning for a locksmith to open our door. I was so glad that day was over. Monday we had Noche de Hogar with the familia Ovando. All the grandkids live with grandma and we talked about service and how we can serve grandma. In the end they sang to her I´m Trying to Be Like Jesus. It was so beautiful and the spirit was amazing. And then after we played Ninja and it was literally the most fun I´ve had here in Saenz Peña. I can´t believe Erik will be home next week! Kamie´s wedding is coming up, Ky just left for her new mission. So much stuff is going on at home and the weeks are flying. Everything is going really good right now and I´m so grateful for all of your love. Have a wonderful week!!! Love always, Hermana Healey

No comments:

Post a Comment