Sunday, May 11, 2014
Feliz Cinco de Mayo!!!
Yeah enjoy all that guacamole, salsa, burritos, tacos, whatever your heart desires. I´ll be eating noodles.
This week has been pretty eventful, and yet not eventful at the same time. hah
We did divisiones this week with Hermana Pipe and Hermana Fernandez. At the beginning of the transfer the elders called us and asked us to make sure we do them first this transfer.. So..
Of course I dibbed Pipe.
Tuesday: We had our reunion de distrito. The first one of the transfer is always fun because we play get to know you games. This time we brought pictures. Okay, everyone else brought A picture. I brought MY pictureS. So everyone knows all about you all already. One of the new elders was telling us where he was from and he said Bolivia! I raised my hand... like a nerd... and asked what part, he said Cochabamba. High five Jake! All in all, it was a real fun time.
That night we took a bus to Las Breñas so I could get Hermana Pipe. We stopped by at a panadería and bought alfajores and coke and went on our little way. We drove back to Saenz Pena pretty late and it was dark and we just talked and caught up on a few things. It felt like a good ol´ sleep over.
Wednesday: Hermana Pipe and I met a lot of real cool people. But no one who was interested. ha That´s always fun. But that night the other Hermanas usually host a Noche de Hogar at the church for the members,but they got sick. So Hermana Pipe and I had to think on our toes and break out something really fun. It turned out great. Chaotic and I refuse to do it again. But great.
We also celebrated her birthday!!!! Her mom sent her 50 dollars and told her to have fun with it.. So
We bought a cake.
And we ate that sucker. even though we don´t like cherries.
Thursday: We were SUPPOSED to switch back that morning. But at 6:25 (5 fetching minutes before our alarm went off) Hermana Rodrigues called and said that none of the busses were working that day because it was yet another holiday. She couldn´t wait for 5 STINKING MORE MINUTES. jk. No biggie.
Basically, we were pretty grateful for this holiday because we got one more day together!
Friday: I said goodbye to my little Pipe, she is really an amazing missionary who is a perfect example to me of having Charity. She loves everyone and loves being a missionary. I just adore her.
We went to lunch and had empenadas with Hermana Hilda...
Back story:
When I was with Hermana Alvarado every night we told eachother why we love Argentina. And every night my answer was empenadas or Grido (ice cream shop). Every night.
So we were eating empenadas and french fries with Hilda and there was just sooo much oil. But I didn´t really notice..
Until about 4 hours later when I got deathly ill.
Lets just say I´m looking for other reasons why I love Argentina.
Saturday: I was dying. But we had so many set citas and we HAD to work. So we called Hermana Zaneli and Hermana Young to help us out and do divisiones. Hermana Young got sick earlier this week so us two, the sicklings stayed in my pension in bed. while Hermana Rodrigues and Hermana Zaneli kicked butt at working. I´m so grateful for them and for all of their help.
Sunday: I felt alright. Not all the way better but alright. And everyone treated me like I had the plague! But it was still a good day...
Until my companion got sick.
Basically we are just here. Feeling great.
But we had a really great week and met a lot of really great people. haha
AND! Mothers day is in only 6 more days!!!! Yay!!!!
Happy Mothers day!!!!!
See you sooon mom!
Love Hermana Healey
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment