Sunday, May 25, 2014
Yay Divisiones!!
Tuesday: Did Divisiones with Hermana Young.. she is awesome. We were able to meet a lot of people in their area. We met a girl named Debora who was really cool. The only thing is is that she goes to her dad´s house on the weekends and he is CATHOLIC. of all the catholics.. he´s the pope. NO JUST KIDDING. But He is really catholic. So I hope that she can stay one weekend and go to church! She is really sweet.
That night we got on the roof of their apartment building. We had to climb out of her balcony to get on but it was really fun. of course I didn´t have my camera. But we got to one point and there were clothes hung up drying and all I could picture is a cute little old lady climbing out her window and climbing up to the roof to put up her clothes to dry. Dedication people. It was great.
Wednesday: Poor Hermana Young got sick! It was so sad. I tried my best to nurse her back to health. She didn´t get sick until the night so we were still able to work in the day. And then that night she and Hermana Zaneli had to stay in our pension because she literally couldn´t leave the house. It was so sad. But don´t you worry folks. She´s good and feelin Young again.
Thursday: We went and taught Susana. This Sunday she has to study for yet another test, but she said she is going to go to sacrament again which is good. We taught about the Book of Mormon and she asked us why it was important to us. I was really grateful for that question. I took a second and thought about how Joseph smith said where is our religion without the book of mormon? We have no religion. It´s so true. We wouldn´t have anything. I was so grateful for Susana that she helped me to realize how much I really do love The Book of Mormon. (I´m actually doing a training on that today from what we learned in consejo... coincidence? I think not)
Friday: The Elders from a little town near our town uses our chapel for their baptisms. And called me Friday morning and said they had a baptism to do tomorrow... okay... They are only a group. In reality, they don´t really have members. They are reactivating a lot of people in their town. So guess who planned a baptism and got everything ready for them? That´s right. This girl. You are welcome Elder Gates.
Saturday: AKA WEDDING OF KAMIE TYE...
My companion woke up this morning sick and didn´t know if she could leave, which was hard because we had plans to go on splits with members today because our day was so big. So we tried getting a hold of everyone and I was still planning on doing splits with Laura, and Irina was going to stay with Hermana Rodrigues. But then she got healed and went out to work! Yay! Then got sick and went back and we couldn´t work before the baptism.. And then she was healed again to go to the baptism! But then got sick again. It was just a long hard day. But It was so great to go out with Laura and teach with her. She is really sweet and is working on her papers to serve! She will be amazing I know it. It made me remember when Kylee Andersen and I went and did divisiones with the missionaries before we left on our missions and how terrified I was! But it was a great experience.
Sunday: Happy birthday mommy! I made you a sign!
Monday: Consejo! Sorry that´s why I didn´t get to write yesterday! But it was so fun! 2 daughters of Pte and Hermana Heyman were there and they are just so beautiful! We had a lot of fun with them. Hermana Heyman taught about the Book of Mormon and we played the Who am I game where you have a paper on your forehead and you don´t know who you are but everyone else can see and you can only do yes or no questions to find out who you are.. I was freaking Himni, brother of Ammon and all them. Yeah that was hard. Finally Hermana Petersen said "Sounds like himnos, but not o´s..." haha She´s the cutest hija. Hermana Allred, Hermana Petersen and I took a "generation" picture. It was cute. My camera died so Hermana Allred has all of the pictures. But it was a really good day.
I said goodbye to Hermana Allred yesterday. It was really hard. She leaves in like 2 weeks! But I know that she is happy and that´s all I can ask for.
Well just another week here and things are great.
Love you and thank you for everything.
Hermana Healey
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment