Thursday, June 26, 2014

Somos Consiervos en la obra‏

Yesterday we went to the farewell of President and Hermana Heyman. It was a really good day! Really beautiful and really sad. It will be really hard and weird without them, but I know that Pte and Hermana Franco have been called here to help us because it is their time. We are excited to welcome them here to La gran Mision Argentina Resistencia. I saw my friends yesterday!! It was a mission wide conference. Hermana Lund and I weren’t sure what to do without Hermana Allred. But it was really fun to catch up with the Elders and Hermanas! There were a lot of musical numbers and slide shows. And we ate SUBWAY. Yeah, eat fresh. This week went by really fast! Hermana Bedoya and I think it was because we were so excited and looked forward to Monday… now Monday is over and we didn’t know really what is next to look forward to...UNTIL this morning! Raquel and Ariel are going to get baptized this Saturday!!! We had to ask permission from Presidente because they only went to church 2 times. This last Sunday they couldn’t make it because of a family emergency. But they are so ready. You know why? I will tell you why… Rewind to FRIDAY. We didn’t know if Raquel was really interested. Yes she loved the idea of church and she loved that Ariel was learning, but she always avoided answering if SHE was ready for baptism. Finally we dropped the question with lots of inspired questions and she said "I told you I would get baptized on the 28 so I will be baptized on the 28th!” Miracle. She has been so off and on and off and on we didn’t know what we were doing. But we are really excited for her and Ariel to get baptized this week! Please keep her in your prayers and Ariel. Epifanio! Our little Epi. He still says that he hasn’t received an answer yet from God if this is the true church. We explain things so simply to him and in the moment he gets it... I think.. He says Yes all the time and then when we ask him to explain what we taught in his own words he says the right thing. But I swear it leaves him so fast that if we asked him 2 seconds later he would say that the word of wisdom is to get smart and go to school. But he came to a baptism that was on Saturday! And then came to church. He brought his daughter Florencia…who is an... angel. And it was a lot of Where did Florencia go? What does she have? Where did Epifanio go? Is he on the right page? Did he just get asked to read? It was insane. I put on chapstick and Florencia said "You can’t see anything, you need bright purple or orange or something." Thanks Flopy. Hermana Bedoya and I are surviving. I am really happy that I am with her. It is a really hard area and we are struggling, but if I was with anyone else I would probably say that I was dying here and send help. But it really does help when your companion is great. (The area isn’t that bad) We are making strides and strive to be better every day. This week a lot of thoughts have been running through my mind. We are really trying to figure out how we can help Epifanio to recognize his answer. I know he has received his answer, but I know that he is having trouble seeing it. I think at times we think we do have unanswered prayers, that the blessings and knowledge that we want have been unheard. But it all goes back to the plan, His plan for us. We are here living this plan, it’s not up to us. It isn’t what we want when we want it. Which is usually NOW. But it is His time, and when He wants it, which is usually perfect timing. I am so grateful for this time I have to be able to serve the Lord. I know this is His time, and I’m here to do what He wants me to do with it. I love you and I am so sorry about yesterday!! I hope pictures make up for it :) Love Hermana Healey

No comments:

Post a Comment